Gentrification will be the Death of LA street Gangs

Discuss Hispanic gangs, Southsiders, Sureños in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Orange

Gentrification will be the Death of LA street Gangs

Unread post by shaolinmonche » October 25th, 2018, 3:34 am

So LA plans on gentrifying all the black and Hispanic neighborhoods in LA. They are getting ready for the 2028 Olympics in LA.
The politicians want all the poor blacks and Hispanics out of LA. A lot of gangs will die out.
LA is becoming a metropolis of rich people and hipsters. It's losing that character and culture that made LA so great. LA is becoming bland with hipster culture.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Re: Gentrification will be the Death of LA street Gangs

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 25th, 2018, 4:06 pm

Right, they did it in the 84 olympics, "cleaned out" whole areas and pushed people out. The arrest and incarceration numbers of young men increased dramatically and the deportations were big in numbers as well. I think maybe LA in the past couple of decades have been doing what San Diego also started doing with downtown and adjacents areas. They already cleaned out wop town, they already redeveloped and gentrified half of barrio logan, they have steadely pushed back barrio sherman and there's been a push to redo grant hill park which were barrio sherman centers on, so yeah, theyre pushing and pushing barrios and hoods further and further away from the areas they deem profitable, and you bet that areas where there's a stadium near by are going to get hit for the olympics.

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shaolinmonche » October 26th, 2018, 12:59 pm

Lonewolf wrote:Right, they did it in the 84 olympics, "cleaned out" whole areas and pushed people out. The arrest and incarceration numbers of young men increased dramatically and the deportations were big in numbers as well. I think maybe LA in the past couple of decades have been doing what San Diego also started doing with downtown and adjacents areas. They already cleaned out wop town, they already redeveloped and gentrified half of barrio logan, they have steadely pushed back barrio sherman and there's been a push to redo grant hill park which were barrio sherman centers on, so yeah, theyre pushing and pushing barrios and hoods further and further away from the areas they deem profitable, and you bet that areas where there's a stadium near by are going to get hit for the olympics.
OC is also getting gentrified. Like Santa Ana. Santa Ana is mostly Mexicans.
Santa Barbara is also getting gentrified. The entire Westcoast is getting rid of poor blacks and Mexicans. Pushing them more inland. Because all the rich white "liberals" from out of state all want to live in Cali, especially LA. There's no more room to accommodate all these white people so they just kicking out all the blacks and mexicans.
Poor blacks and Mexicans from OC and LA are moving to places like Riverside County, San Bernardino County, and Antelope Valley. Where are the poor Mexicans from SD moving to?

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 29th, 2018, 6:27 pm

Yeah man, i mean people down here who cant afford it anymore, they move up by temecula, murietta, lake elsinore, ramona, powa, i mean thye go out to the fringes, and then theres a lot of people that move down south to teejay and adjacent areas like rosarito and tecate on the mexican side, and they all just commute into sn diego, i mean the liberal globalization trend that is being implemented world wide on all of us by people likeangela merkel and george soros, ots crazy man, because they keep bringing in more and more people from all over the world in order to build the new utopia but n the process they push us out to the i.e. desert and such, lol.

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shaolinmonche » October 29th, 2018, 7:16 pm

Lonewolf wrote:Yeah man, i mean people down here who cant afford it anymore, they move up by temecula, murietta, lake elsinore, ramona, powa, i mean thye go out to the fringes, and then theres a lot of people that move down south to teejay and adjacent areas like rosarito and tecate on the mexican side, and they all just commute into sn diego, i mean the liberal globalization trend that is being implemented world wide on all of us by people likeangela merkel and george soros, ots crazy man, because they keep bringing in more and more people from all over the world in order to build the new utopia but n the process they push us out to the i.e. desert and such, lol.
So would you say it's not really racism, but it's classism. If you are poor you need to roll out to the desert and make way for these richer hipsters.

I'm thinking if they keep on pushing out poor blacks and Mexicans who is going to work all the low wage jobs? Wouldn't there be a shortage of low wage workers if they keep getting pushed out.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 29th, 2018, 7:50 pm

You would think that the powers to be would think about that but i dont believe that it is factor anymore, because they could always count on immigration. For example, here in san diego it is turning into another san francisco in terms of liberal politics changing the face of the city to one of divrtsity and inclusion for people with skills and carreers, but for average joe, they dont care if you move out because they have a large influx of prople from the phillipines, from the pacific islands, from teejay and from mexico's interior, as well the central americans, lots of immigrants from brazil and we're flooded with middle easteners, somalis, ethiopians and west african nigerians, we also have a large russian and armenian influx, i mean it looks like poor whites, chicano mexicans and american blacks will get the short end of the stick in the new america of 2050. Yeah, i beleive that it is way more than just racism what's going on in places like sd, la, sf.

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shaolinmonche » October 29th, 2018, 8:23 pm

Lonewolf wrote:You would think that the powers to be would think about that but i dont believe that it is factor anymore, because they could always count on immigration. For example, here in san diego it is turning into another san francisco in terms of liberal politics changing the face of the city to one of divrtsity and inclusion for people with skills and carreers, but for average joe, they dont care if you move out because they have a large influx of prople from the phillipines, from the pacific islands, from teejay and from mexico's interior, as well the central americans, lots of immigrants from brazil and we're flooded with middle easteners, somalis, ethiopians and west african nigerians, we also have a large russian and armenian influx, i mean it looks like poor whites, chicano mexicans and american blacks will get the short end of the stick in the new america of 2050. Yeah, i beleive that it is way more than just racism what's going on in places like sd, la, sf.
By 2050 they going to start gentrifying all the desert areas next lol.
I already seen in Corona (nice Corona) there's old Corona and nice corona around Temescal Valley . In Corona they were building high rise luxury apartments next to the Traders Joes. They been also increasing the rent in Riverside.

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inland Empire

Unread post by AmericanZombie » October 29th, 2018, 10:46 pm

Well if you want to know what gentrification looks like in 30 years just take a look at “Rancho” Cucamonga and the Cucamonga Kings, Dog Patch and Alta Loma there. In a way all these cities have already been gentrified to some extent and with people leaving LA county, the cost of living had to go up, which is why people are just leaving the state entirely now.

Cucamonga has been gentrified so long that when you tell people there’s gangs there, they laugh and think you’re joking. Yet in the old days it had some of the poorest and toughest neighborhoods. And the gangs somehow managed to survive till this day which is damn amazing to me, but they’re all like shell of their past.

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by TheAngels » October 30th, 2018, 1:50 am

shaolinmonche wrote:So LA plans on gentrifying all the black and Hispanic neighborhoods in LA. They are getting ready for the 2028 Olympics in LA.
The politicians want all the poor blacks and Hispanics out of LA. A lot of gangs will die out.
LA is becoming a metropolis of rich people and hipsters. It's losing that character and culture that made LA so great. LA is becoming bland with hipster culture.
Let me ask though... should we really consider "street gangs" as being the "character and culture" that makes LA "great"?

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 30th, 2018, 2:41 am

TheAngels wrote:
shaolinmonche wrote:So LA plans on gentrifying all the black and Hispanic neighborhoods in LA. They are getting ready for the 2028 Olympics in LA.
Let me ask though... should we really consider "street gangs" as being the "character and culture" that makes LA "great"?
cutting in in here homie, for me to think of los without not necessarily vicious street gangs but varrios and hoods full of l.s. style, hell yeah homie, that is part of iconic l.a. charachter and culture most def in my mind

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 30th, 2018, 2:42 am

Lonewolf wrote:
TheAngels wrote:
cutting in in here homie, for me to think of los without not necessarily vicious street gangs but varrios and hoods full of l.a. brown and black style, hell yeah homie, that is part of iconic l.a. charachter and culture most def in my mind

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » November 25th, 2018, 5:28 pm

Well-to-do Americans are disillusioned with sprawl, they're tired of driving, and they recognize the soulessness of suburban life. The young, the affluent, the professional class and empty-nesters are reclaiming the urban living experience-dense, walkable, diverse, mixed-use neighborhoods in and around city centers-while the poor disperse outward in search of cheap rent. By 2025, predicts planning expert Arthur C. Nelson, America will face a market surplus of 22 million large-lot homes (a sixth of an acre or more), attracting millions of low-income residents deeper into suburbia where decay and social and geographic isolation will pose challenges few see coming.

Quote √

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by AmericanZombie » December 12th, 2018, 2:20 am

Here’s a question that’s been floating around my head for a while: What gangs do you think will definitely still be alive and active 20-30 years from now?

I used to think certain hoods will be around forever, but I see a lot has changed in Southern California and even some gangs that I thought would always be deep and active seem super turned down and low key/low in numbers. But is there spots that seem likely going strong for many years to come?

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shaolinmonche » December 12th, 2018, 10:23 am

AmericanZombie wrote:Here’s a question that’s been floating around my head for a while: What gangs do you think will definitely still be alive and active 20-30 years from now?

I used to think certain hoods will be around forever, but I see a lot has changed in Southern California and even some gangs that I thought would always be deep and active seem super turned down and low key/low in numbers. But is there spots that seem likely going strong for many years to come?
I would say hoods that are mostly houses would still be around. For example out here in OC some old neighborhoods that are mostly houses are like FxTroop, Delhi, Modena, La Colonia, just to name a few. You can't really gentrify gang neighborhoods made up of small houses unless you some how make them sell. They only be gentrifying hoods made up of apartments.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » December 12th, 2018, 4:29 pm

shaolinmonche wrote:
AmericanZombie wrote:Here’s a question that’s been floating around my head for a while: What gangs do you think will definitely still be alive and active 20-30 years from now?

I would say hoods that are mostly houses would still be around. For example out here in OC some old neighborhoods that are mostly houses are like FxTroop, Delhi, Modena, La Colonia, just to name a few. You can't really gentrify gang neighborhoods made up of small houses unless you some how make them sell. They only be gentrifying hoods made up of apartments.
I agree with what you in part, a Varrio needs Barrio families to own homes, otherwise they're just one generation hoods, here today and gone tomorrow.

There's also the part that you mentioned about forcing folks to sell their homes, well, in places like oxc Midway City, the Asian population has been steadily out buying the Hispanics in the area and now the Raza is only a small fraction of the overall population, so basically there's that factor of other ethnicities taking over a place and pushing out Brown and black.

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » December 12th, 2018, 4:30 pm

Lonewolf wrote:Well-to-do Americans are disillusioned with sprawl, they're tired of driving, and they recognize the soulessness of suburban life. The young, the affluent, the professional class and empty-nesters are reclaiming the urban living experience-dense, walkable, diverse, mixed-use neighborhoods in and around city centers-while the poor disperse outward in search of cheap rent. By 2025, predicts planning expert Arthur C. Nelson, America will face a market surplus of 22 million large-lot homes (a sixth of an acre or more), attracting millions of low-income residents deeper into suburbia where decay and social and geographic isolation will pose challenges few see coming.

Quote √

It's an interesting trend that has been reversed.

We had "White Flight" between post-World War 2 all the way until the 1990's or early 2000's. Whites moving to the suburbs and poorer minorities moving to the cities...

Since the late 90's to early 2000's, professional Whites have been moving back into the cities while minorities have been moving to the outer suburbs. This is happening in LA, NYC, and the Bay Area. Probably many other cities as well.

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shaolinmonche » December 12th, 2018, 5:28 pm

TheAngels wrote:
Lonewolf wrote:Well-to-do Americans are disillusioned with sprawl, they're tired of driving, and they recognize the soulessness of suburban life. The young, the affluent, the professional class and empty-nesters are reclaiming the urban living experience-dense, walkable, diverse, mixed-use neighborhoods in and around city centers-while the poor disperse outward in search of cheap rent. By 2025, predicts planning expert Arthur C. Nelson, America will face a market surplus of 22 million large-lot homes (a sixth of an acre or more), attracting millions of low-income residents deeper into suburbia where decay and social and geographic isolation will pose challenges few see coming.

Quote √

It's an interesting trend that has been reversed.

We had "White Flight" between post-World War 2 all the way until the 1990's or early 2000's. Whites moving to the suburbs and poorer minorities moving to the cities...

Since the late 90's to early 2000's, professional Whites have been moving back into the cities while minorities have been moving to the outer suburbs. This is happening in LA, NYC, and the Bay Area. Probably many other cities as well.
Yea for a long time the white people with money thought it was ghetto or low-class to live in the inner city. I guess they are tired of the boring suburbs and want to live in the inner city now because it's cool and hip.
Now whites are moving to the inner city and blacks and browns are moving to the IE, antelope valley, and high desert. My two homies left OC and bought homes in Hesperia. One paid $140k and the other paid $115k.
Homes are cheap but there ain't shit to do out there.

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shaolinmonche » December 12th, 2018, 5:31 pm

Lonewolf wrote:
shaolinmonche wrote:

I agree with what you in part, a Varrio needs Barrio families to own homes, otherwise they're just one generation hoods, here today and gone tomorrow.

There's also the part that you mentioned about forcing folks to sell their homes, well, in places like oxc Midway City, the Asian population has been steadily out buying the Hispanics in the area and now the Raza is only a small fraction of the overall population, so basically there's that factor of other ethnicities taking over a place and pushing out Brown and black.
Mid Way City has always been a small varrio. They have been dead for a long time. They still have a couple fools running around. But you never hear about them. They beef it with mostly West Trece and Orphans. West Trece and Orphans have died down alot too.

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by AmericanZombie » December 12th, 2018, 6:55 pm

shaolinmonche wrote:

I’m not so sure about that. Over here there’s neighborhoods where small houses were destroyed and replaced by new track homes and the old owners supposedly paid to move away. For example, Meadowbrook is San Bernardino they probably knocked down half the old homes. Also other areas where new developments built all around the area, raising the value of the area, more tax money, more cops making sure gangs can’t really exist.

HNIC
What city do you live in now?: LAC

Unread post by HNIC » December 13th, 2018, 8:19 pm

I think the Mid City and WLA gangs will be gone 20-30 years from now if not sooner. The Black gang recruitment pool is getting thinner and thinner, and the Black home owners over there are getting thin also. Million dollar houses over there now that were barely worth 200K twenty years ago, many Blacks have cashed out where they could and moved on to Lancaster, etc. Two bedroom apt over there is 2000 minimum... Gangs will be priced out of Mid City and WLA areas within the next decade or so...

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » December 14th, 2018, 1:16 am

I see upper-middle class White people buying homes in areas that continue to surprise me.

I had to do business with a White female client recently who lives just south of Adams, a few blocks east of La Brea in West Blvd Crip territory. I recall seeing "WB" graffiti on the next block over. I don't think she's from LA -- a lot of these White people who buy homes here in what I thought were hoods, at least in the 90's and 80's, probably don't know about the gang culture or the history, and are a bit naive.

I can understand White people moving over to Shoreline/V13 hood because now the hipsters way outnumber everyone else... but WBC territory? Not really.

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shaolinmonche » December 14th, 2018, 1:41 pm

TheAngels wrote:I see upper-middle class White people buying homes in areas that continue to surprise me.

I had to do business with a White female client recently who lives just south of Adams, a few blocks east of La Brea in West Blvd Crip territory. I recall seeing "WB" graffiti on the next block over. I don't think she's from LA -- a lot of these White people who buy homes here in what I thought were hoods, at least in the 90's and 80's, probably don't know about the gang culture or the history, and are a bit naive.

I can understand White people moving over to Shoreline/V13 hood because now the hipsters way outnumber everyone else... but WBC territory? Not really.
A lot of college educated Liberal white People with money from the East coast and other parts of U.S. are moving to LA because they consider it the Mecca of Liberals. And they consider LA to be the hippest and coolest place in the U.S. NYC used to be the coolest and hippest place in U.S. especially during the 90s.

Good thing Amazon chose NY instead of LA to build their new headquarters. That's 50,000 more hipsters going to NY instead of LA.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » December 15th, 2018, 4:46 pm

shaolinmonche wrote:
TheAngels wrote:I see upper-middle class White people buying homes in areas that continue to surprise me.

A lot of college educated Liberal white People with money from the East coast and other parts of U.S. are moving to LA because they consider it the Mecca of Liberals. And they consider LA to be the hippest and coolest place in the U.S. NYC used to be the coolest and hippest place in U.S. especially during the 90s.

Good thing Amazon chose NY instead of LA to build their new headquarters. That's 50,000 more hipsters going to NY instead of LA.
they're not just moving to los, but all over the west coast, take at look at portland, seattle, vancouver, fukk, even baja, prices are sky high if you want to stay close to the downtown areas and beaches

LAResident
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by LAResident » December 15th, 2018, 8:12 pm

My family moved out of Venice in the 90’s because rent was going up now here in South LA where I live (by usc) it’s getting expensive too....

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shaolinmonche » December 16th, 2018, 2:21 pm

LAResident wrote:My family moved out of Venice in the 90’s because rent was going up now here in South LA where I live (by usc) it’s getting expensive too....
My uncle lives by USC too. His rent is going up in January. He stays off Jefferson and Harvard.
Do you know what hood that is? I've seen HPS, ATC, FTB and R20s tagged up in that neighborhood.

LAResident
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by LAResident » December 16th, 2018, 3:55 pm

shaolinmonche wrote:
LAResident wrote:My family moved out of Venice in the 90’s because rent was going up now here in South LA where I live (by usc) it’s getting expensive too....
My uncle lives by USC too. His rent is going up in January. He stays off Jefferson and Harvard.
Do you know what hood that is? I've seen HPS, ATC, FTB and R20s tagged up in that neighborhood.[/quote
I dont know either I see those same hoods hit up all around their too....

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » December 19th, 2018, 12:36 am

LAResident wrote:
shaolinmonche wrote:
Do you know what hood that is? I've seen HPS, ATC, FTB and R20s tagged up in that neighborhood.[/quote
I dont know either I see those same hoods hit up all around their too....

According to the map, he lives around the border of Rolling 20's NHB and Rollin 30's OHC hood for Black gangs, and the border of Harpys and Alley Tiny Criminals for Hispanic gangs... FTB is a few blocks east.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... 99998&z=10

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » December 19th, 2018, 12:41 am

HNIC wrote:

I think the Mid City and WLA gangs will be gone 20-30 years from now if not sooner. The Black gang recruitment pool is getting thinner and thinner, and the Black home owners over there are getting thin also. Million dollar houses over there now that were barely worth 200K twenty years ago, many Blacks have cashed out where they could and moved on to Lancaster, etc. Two bedroom apt over there is 2000 minimum... Gangs will be priced out of Mid City and WLA areas within the next decade or so...
Which hoods do you think right now are on the verge of extinction?

Is GraveYard Gangster Crips in Santa Monica or By Yourself Hustler/Gangster Crips in PicFair area still around? If they ain't done for already they have to be close to it.

LAResident
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by LAResident » December 19th, 2018, 4:15 am

Grave yard crips died out a long time ago,

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » December 19th, 2018, 7:30 pm

Westmont/Vermont Death Alley, is it still the deadliest area of Los Angeles? Any sign of gentrification in this area?

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » December 19th, 2018, 11:45 pm

LAResident wrote:Grave yard crips died out a long time ago,
I know they were around in 2009 when they got raided by SMPD (Google "Operation Tombstone")...

They got raided after beating some White dude to death.

I don't know if they were completely eliminated as a result of that raid though...

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » January 20th, 2019, 2:52 pm

SESDdowntown.jpg
SESDdowntown.jpg (692.1 KiB) Viewed 4446 times
Old Town San Diego (diff one than OTNC and unrelated) mostly gentrified left right north and south and all around, don't know how they've survived up there in those san diego mission hills, damn right expensive up there overlooking mission bay and downtown bay, but they still claim to bang, and then Wop Town in the Little Italy zone, a few houses in between restaurants and pubs and nigh clubs, with a sleeve of the neighborhood heading up the canyon area but that's it, that's place is hella expensive, WxT is completely gentrified, and the south in Barrio Red Steps (Barrio Logan), all their northern side from Chicano Park on up towards downtown has been redone, gentrified, homeboys and family evicted, and in both Lomas 26 and Barrio Sherman, the push has been slowly creeping up their streets, Lomas is hella nice now, and Sherman is still Barrio, but developeers want Grant Hill Park in their neighbiorhood because that's the best ever view you can get of the skyline and bay from anywhere in SD.

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Hispanic gangs”