general info

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
heythere

general info

Unread post by heythere » June 11th, 2003, 9:40 am

hey alonso....

not sure exactly what you are looking for but the company i work for uses Netwood Communications (http://www.netwood.net) and we are pretty happy. they offer a number of services, are small, and reliable. (plus, the owner is that crazy swedish guy from the ikea commercials, have you seen those?)

CWizardX

Notepad versus WYSIWYG

Unread post by CWizardX » June 14th, 2003, 4:11 am

The basic technology behind the web page is HTML. This is the main programming language used to create web pages. Although you have other more complex languages such as JavaScript, VBScript, and Java, these languages usually are only used to supplement or enhance the HTML code.

Concerning the design of a web page, many people use what is known as a WYSIWYG, what you see is what you get, editor. These editors are programs that allow you to create a web page without knowing anything about HTML. They are usually very simple to use and with a little practice most people can turn out a pretty descent web page.

Some web designers use a simple text editing program such as Notepad to design their web pages. Instead of the ease of WYSIWYG editors these guys write out the code for a web page line by line. Web designers who do this know HTML very well. This requires a lot more time, knowledge, and effort than using a WYSIWYG editor.

Now some would argue that logic would dictate that using a WYSIWYG editor is far better than coding by hand. Since a WYSIWYG editor is faster and easier it seems clear that this is the way to go.

Others would recommend that that web pages be done using a simple text editor. These people would assert that those who know HTML well have more control over the creation of a web page.

In my opinion it is best to use both methods. A web designer should at least know HTML very well. It is a very easy programming language to master. If you spend an hour a day for say 3 weeks on learning HTML you will be a very competent HTML programmer. But the ease of the WYSIWYG editors cannot be ignored. (And once you pick an editor of this type you need to spend time learning how to use it.) Once you learn HTML and are able to design a decent web page with a simple text editor I would recommend using a WYSIWYG editor. This will also help to develop your HTML skills because you can view the code that these types of programs generate and learn from it. And you will be able to go in and make changes to the code manually.

So the first step in learning to design web pages is learning HTML very well. This would include knowing how to implant JavaScript and or VBScript into your HTML code. You do not have to know VBScript or JavaScript, there are sites that have ready made scripts for you to use. But knowing HTML should include being able to take these ready made scripts and insert them into your code. The second step would be to learn to use a WYSIWYG program. Please note that some of these are expensive, I believe that Dreamweaver costs about $400 or more.

If you wish to design web pages professionally I would recommend that you learn at least one scripting language such as VBScript, and one high level programming language. I would recommend Java as the high level programming language. Java basically can do anything that any other web enabled programming language can do. So learning Java would be sufficient.

There are two basic parts to web site design, the coding part and the graphics part. Some coders, such as myself, can use HTML very well but they have poor graphic manipulation abilities. Also, the graphics part of web page design would also include basic page layout. Knowing how to design a nice looking page is critical!

If you have any questions please feel free to email me. If you are looking for resource materials such as books on how to code with HTML please let me know.

thesoulsedge
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: general info

Unread post by thesoulsedge » July 23rd, 2003, 1:16 am

We need an around-the-clock thug website. A digital camera can be placed in the hood that projects around-the-clock images onto the Net. I want to see what's goin on in KKKompton 24/7.

Also, why don't gangs have their own websites? Niggaz need to take their aggression into virtual reality...may that will stall out the violence on the streets.

thesoulsedge
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by thesoulsedge » July 24th, 2003, 11:10 am

MURDER WEB SITE

We need a complete murder website with pictures, video, family testimonies and everything. When a nigga gets shot "it's just another nigga dead." We need to change that attitude by setting up murderwasthecase.com This website would show the graphic details and aftermath of the murder. So when a homie goes down, we got documentation of the event.

Just like they document the victims of the Holocaust (like Anne Frank), we need do document the murder of our ded hawmies.

"Been so many years/Shed so many tears"

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » July 24th, 2003, 10:28 pm

souledge stop your stupid kkk stuff ,my city name is compton with a C ,we have no white comunity since the 70's so why ??? kkk???? i don't understand ??? when it comes from the house nigger of this board ,claimin israel the strongest hood and we need to bow down and give credit ,isn't that your words ? and to give props to the white house its what you told us on previous topics ? so you need to stop dissin my city buster .

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » July 24th, 2003, 10:32 pm

and if you wanna put video in my hood well ,just ask your homies from the white house they are watching us from the stars ,maybe if you clean their shoes they may let you spy my hood ,lil house boy

pico
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by pico » September 1st, 2003, 5:06 pm

CWizard is pretty much on point. I'll be starting my own webpage/message board in a few days. Feel free to check it out after I post the URL. After making a couple of webpages, I have a bit of experience with HTML.

Also, does anyone how my account for this forum can be deleted?

fo-tay
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by fo-tay » September 19th, 2003, 6:54 am

bgCASPER wrote:and if you wanna put video in my hood well ,just ask your homies from the white house they are watching us from the stars ,maybe if you clean their shoes they may let you spy my hood ,lil house boy

lol. thats wassup. they watchin me too homie! i can digg what you sayin. fuk the BS.....we dont like cameras round here. thats anotha way 2 say snitch...

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » September 19th, 2003, 10:55 am

yes and they have snitches infiltrated deep in the sets , they have snitches that are fbi agent and are reppin' a hood thy stay undercover for 10 years they ride with you they get high with you and when the fish is big enuf i mean when you and your partners start to ball ,then they bust you ,they don't bust you in the guetto no no they bust you when your ass is in beverly hills on top of thangs ballin' ,its like the guetto is a fruit tree and we are the fruits they wait until we sweet enuf .the guetto is their gold mine ...

fo-tay
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by fo-tay » September 19th, 2003, 3:49 pm

fasho.

im glad somebody realizes.. 8)

they want them big busts man. oh yea they'll wait aight. so thats the time when you take that lil piece of knowledge you shared with me and learn off the shit. and we gon make it.

you know? let learn off what we know already..then we can make it. and watch them cameraz

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » September 20th, 2003, 8:54 am

i was gettin' paranoid at home so i moved , here i feel better , i know they can't watch my ass under water while i'm diving and you right we need to comunicate and pass our knowledge cause with that new hi tech shyt the youngstaz needs to be some hi tech thugs with a phat brain if they wanna get paid in those hi tech streets lol peace homie

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » September 20th, 2003, 8:58 am

they put lil bugs size of needle head inside of your stuff and then they will know the whole food chain from columbia to the compton street knuclehead

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » December 23rd, 2003, 4:19 pm

Lol @ bgCASPER

soopadoopa
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by soopadoopa » May 1st, 2004, 10:28 am

lol bg checkin um